Assesment and Grading
According to “Article 24” (Alanya HEP University Rules and Regulations GoverningUndergraduate Studies – theTurkish version is binding)
(1) Students are given a letter grade for each course at the end of the semester they are registered.
(2) This letter grade is at the discretion of the instructor offering the course.
(3) In determining the letter grade, the students’ mid-term and final examination grades, their success in their studies within the semester and their attendance during course and practical work are taken into consideration.
(4) The courses for which an exemption exam is to be administered, the requirements for exemption and the implementation principles are determined by the Senate upon the recommendation of the concerned faculty board.
(5) The coefficients of the letter grades and the score intervals used in the calculation of Grade Point Average are indicated below:
||90 - 100
||80 - 89
||70 - 79
||60 - 69
||50 - 59
||45 - 49
||40 - 44
||35 - 39
||0 - 34
b) The grade NA (not attended) is designated by the course instructor to students who have been deemed unsuccessful due to one of the conditions below. The grade NA is processed as FF in the calculation of Grade Point Average.
1) Not qualifying to take the final exam due to failure in fulfilling the attendance requirements.
2) Not qualifying to take the final exam due to failure in fulfilling the provisions regarding course practices.
3) Having taken none of the mid-term and final examinations.
(6) Grades, which are not included in the Grade Point Average, are as follows:
a) The grade S (satisfactory) is designated to students who are successful in non-credit courses
b) The grade U (unsatisfactory) is designated to students who are not successful in non-credit courses.
c) The grade EX (exempt) is designated to students who have been exempted from certain courses in the curriculum.
d) The grade I (incomplete) is designated to students who are not able to complete the course requirements by the end of the semester for a reason found valid by the course instructor. The grade “I” must be converted to a letter grade within a week from the last day of grade submissions for the semester. In special cases, however, this period may be extended latest until the date registrations start for the following semester, when it must be converted to a letter grade. These special procedures are conducted by recommendation of the department chair offering the course and the approval of the concerned administrative board. In case of failure to convert the grade “I” to a letter grade within the required period, the grade “I” will be automatically converted to the grade “FF” or “U”. The dates concerning the letter grade “I” are indicated in the academic calendar.
e) The grade W (withdrawn) is designated to students who withdraw from a course.